"Sting TV Interview On NBC Today Show about Amnesty concerts", "How Amnesty International Rocked the World: The Inside Story", "Looking Back At Live Aid, 25 Years Later", "30 facts for 30 years The truth about 'Spitting Image', "Sting TV Interview on NBC Today Show about Amnesty concerts", "A new species of frog of the genus Hyla from the Cordillera Oriental in northern Colombia with comments on the taxonomy of Hyla minuta", "Chilean Women's Resistance in the Arpillera Movement", "Musicians, actors honor heroes, raise money for attack victims", "The original and the best: 30 years of Leeuwin Estate concerts", "The Police, West, Mayer Close Out Live Earth New York", "Sting, Matthews, Mayer gamer for Tibet than Beijing", "Earth Day Climate Rally features music, speeches and an assist from Mother Nature", "Dame Judi Dench and Sting head drug rethink call", "NBC Hurricane Sandy Telethon Raises 23 Million", "Celebrities' open letter to Scotland full text and list of signatories", "UK music stars rail against Brexit in open letter to Theresa May", "Wall Street Fighters, Do-GoodersAnd StingConverge in New Jana Fund", "Open Letter from JANA Partners and CalSTRS to Apple Inc", "Sting on Love and Wife Trudie Styler: She Rocks Me", "Every Little Horse He Names is Magic (Or Just About)", "Who made the Sunday Times Rich List this year? [37] Within a year, the album reached Triple Platinum. [41][42] In 1985, Sting provided spoken vocals for the Miles Davis album You're Under Arrest, taking the role of a French-speaking police officer. Wall Street Journal. But, in light of recent events . A period of relative musical inactivity followed from 1997, before Sting eventually re-emerged in September 1999, with a new album Brand New Day, which gave him two more UK Top 20 hits in the title track "Brand New Day" (a UK No. He reached the UK Top 40 with two further singles the same year with "You Still Touch Me" (#27 in June) and "I Was Brought To My Senses" (#31 in December). 1991: Sting performed at the Carolina Coliseum in Columbia, USA. The Jimi Hendrix Experience Brandi Carlile Shaggy has the most contagious energy and that boy can cardio! VIP packages are also available, including a Stage Seating Experience, featuring immersive live audio from Mixhalo, as well as a Pre-Show VIP Onstage Experience, which includes a moderated Q&A with Sting and personal photo with him on stage. Delmar Brown Sting is currently touring across 12 countries and has 52 upcoming concerts. The album went Triple Platinum by January 2001. Grayna Augucik The tour was due to resume in 2020 with a (rescheduled) 8-date residency from 15 August to 2 September at Caesars . Youve had your hits, the singer told the crowd with a touch of feigned resentment before sharing the bad news that it was time for some new songs. Get 2023 tour dates, venue details, concert reviews, photos and more at Bandsintown. Jacob Collier Roxanne remains a masterclass in sublime pop alchemy but cannot emerge unscathed from a bout of sub-Cleo Laine scat-singing. Joined by a five-piece band including Dominic Miller (guitar), Josh Freese (drums), Rufus Miller (guitar), Kevon Webster (keyboards) and Shane Sager (harmonica), and backing vocalists Melissa Musique and Gene Noble, with set and video design created by 59 Productions, Stings My Songs residency runs through November 13 and will resume in June 2022. [50], In May 1993, he covered his own Police song from the Ghost in the Machine album, "Demolition Man", for the Demolition Man film. Sting was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2003 as a member of the Police, and has won a total of 16 Grammy Awards for his work with the band and as a soloist. Where to buy tickets to see Sting in Philadelphia. $40.00. The title is a reference to the New York City intersection he crossed every day to get to the studio where much of the album was recorded. Safe, secure and easy ordering. The song "I'm So Happy I Can't Stop Crying" from this album also became a US country music hit in 1997 in a version with Toby Keith. He took special pleasure in calling out longtime guitarist Dominic Miller as well as his son Rufus Miller. The former Police front person will play eight shows, including a handful of A Day on the Green events, with support from Joe Sumner. Colorblind Dilemma Choose from a large assortment of discount tickets for Sting and buy yours today! Harry Belafonte He and Blige won a Grammy for their duet, "Whenever I Say Your Name". is a composer, singer, actor, author and activist from Newcastle. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of the Police in 2003. For many years, he ran five miles (8km) a day and also performed aerobics. Conscious of his stage appearance, Sting asked if we liked the suit You must be a logged-in member to add comments. Sting's interpretation of this English Renaissance composer and his cooperation with Edin Karamazov brought recognition in classical music. Other highlights included Fields of Gold, Wrapped Around my Finger and a reggae montage including covers of No Woman No Cry and Get Up, Stand, which was all it took for fans to take to their feet again to joyously move to the music. The slickness with which Sting dispenses Police heavyweights Message in a Bottle and Every Little Thing She Does is Magic early in the set topples so easily into smugness. Sting Official Store Sting "The Bridge" CD. They played for two hours!! Age was a recurring subject throughout the evening; introducing I Hung My Head, Sting took a quick survey of the crowds knowledge of vintage Western TV shows, gauging the average age by their familiarity with Wagon Train, Rawhide, or Bonanza (whose familiar theme Sting briefly quoted on his well-worn Fender Precision bass). This was made into a film and later broadcast as Song of the Forest. The award committee stated: "As a composer, Sting has combined classic pop with virtuoso musicianship and an openness to all genres and sounds from around the world. Scroll down for the new date. Following a sold out six-night residency at the London Palladium, My Songs was hailed "a masterclass" by UK's The Times; "Sting remains an undeniably skilled performer with a gold-plated back catalogue". By dProper23. Sting, the 17-time Grammy Award winner and former frontman for the iconic British rock band, The Police, is set to return to Australia in February 2023. With the Police, Sting became one of the world's best-selling music artists. [172][173] The story stems from an interview with Sting and Bob Geldof. [74] In the second half of 2011, Sting began his Back to Bass Tour, which would continue (with periodic breaks) through 2013. [10] He has collaborated with other musicians on songs such as "Money for Nothing" with Dire Straits, "Rise & Fall" with Craig David, "All for Love" with Bryan Adams and Rod Stewart, "You Will Be My Ain True Love" with Alison Krauss, and introduced the North African music genre ra to Western audiences through the hit song "Desert Rose" with Cheb Mami. [98][99] Named the 57th & 9th Tour, a world tour of theatres, clubs and arenas in support of 57th & 9th (with special guests Joe Sumner and the Last Bandoleros) began on 1 February 2017 in Vancouver at the Commodore Ballroom and continued into October. [129], Sting had shown his interest in social and political issues in his 1980 song "Driven to Tears", an indictment of apathy to world hunger. Born 2 October 1951, in Wallsend, north-east England, Gordon Sumner's life started to change the evening a fellow musician in the Phoenix Jazzmen. Fine Young Cannibals [80] The Last Ship tells a story about the demise of the British shipbuilding industry in 1980s Newcastle and debuted in Chicago in June 2014 before transferring to Broadway in the autumn. With their muscular, radio-ready, reggae-flecked songs, the trio lodged themselves firmly in the upper echelons of the charts with hits including 'Can't Stand Losing', 'Don't Stand So Close To Me', 'Message In A Bottle', 'So Lonely' and 'Roxanne'. Sting sporadically glances up from between his cheekbones, to check we appreciate how clever he is being. Conducting both his band and an arena packed with roaring fans, the former The Police frontman only solidified his mythical nature by regaling them with hits such as Message in a Bottle, Every Little Thing She Does is Magic and Roxanne.. All of which were present at the rock n roll legends Saturday evening tour stop at Van Andes Arena at (with his son, Joe Sumner, opening the show). Summer 2013 2013 37 Cities, 16 Countries. [130] This led to the Live Aid concert in July 1985 at Wembley Stadium, in which Sting performed with Phil Collins and Dire Straits. [137] In February 2005, Sting performed the Leeuwin Estate Concert Series in Western Australia: the concert raised $4million for the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami relief. In 2008, he was reported to practise Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's Transcendental Meditation technique. If the black leather pants and his still-pristine upper register arent enough to prove that, then perhaps his aptitude as a low-end ambassador on bass or director of a spellbinding, genre-bending set might do the trick. David Cook [144] Sting is a patron of the Elton John AIDS Foundation. Sting Official Store Sting "The Bridge" Cassette. I thought it was funny he was wearing his own Merch. English musician Sting rose to fame as the bassist and songwriter for the iconic band The Police in 1977. [76] On 26 April he performed "Every Breath You Take", "Roxanne" and "Desert Rose" at the Time 100 Gala in New York City. [51] In May 2002 he received the Ivor Novello Award for Lifetime Achievement from the British Academy of Songwriters, Composers and Authors. Sting Official Store Sting "The Bridge" Vinyl - Standard Album. His 1991 album, The Soul Cages, was dedicated to his late father. While the Myth is kind of "meh" in terms of operation, it is still a great concert venue (although the stage could use a 1'+ raise) seeing legendary performers in a small venue is worth the price of admission every time! Duke Ellington and His Orchestra Sting is also a member of the Songwriters Hall of Fame and in 2014 received the Kennedy . Ghost-In-The-Machine-Tour-1981 Poster. A species of Colombian tree frog, Dendropsophus stingi, was named after him for his "commitment and efforts to save the rainforest". [86], In February 2014, Sting embarked on a joint concert tour titled On Stage Together with Paul Simon, playing 21 concerts in North America. Vintage my sting songs night tour 2022 masjan Poster. At first, the long-running and Covid-delayed tour (named after his 2019 album . The problem? aussietim The Sting concert was incredible. [91], On 28 August 2015, "Stolen Car", a duet with French singer Mylne Farmer was released. "[6] In 2018, he scheduled a musical and story-telling performance at the Metropolitan Museum of Art honouring Hudson River School artist Thomas Cole.[104]. The next day Microsoft announced plans to lay off 10,000 people in what some employees called "as a bad look" for the company. [150], Sting publicly opposed Brexit and supported remaining in the European Union. But I wish there was a shirt for the show like the lanyard picture instead. Sting will perform a special My Songs concert in Malahide Castle, Dublin on 28 June 2023 joined by special guests Blondie. The world-renowned musician treated fans to an array of greatest hits spanning his illustrious career, including Roxanne, Message In A Bottle, Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic, Every Breath You Take and several other fan favorites, plus brand new songs from his forthcoming album, The Bridge, out November 19. He named pets, a racehorse, his publishing company and one of his daughters (Fuschia, in the books actually Fuchsia) after characters from the books. [161], In April 2009, the Sunday Times Rich List estimated Sting's wealth at 175million and ranked him the 322nd wealthiest person in Britain. 13 hit featuring Stevie Wonder on harmonica) and "Desert Rose" (a UK No. It could be mawkish, but Sting carries it off through his evident sincerity and, primarily, its haunting melody, pulled in part from Prokofiev. Jimmy Forrest . Genesis How about restricting cellphone recording to the first couple of songs and let everyone enjoy the rest of the evening. Bob Dylan sacheverel $30.00. gmilney In November, he released the compilation, Fields of Gold: The Best of Sting, which was certified Double Platinum. I got the set list in the end and from what they planned, they have changed the last song, which should be Fragile, for Next to You. 19 Jan 1984), Jake (b. Get the Sting Setlist of the concert at OWL Arena, Halle, Germany on July 27, 2022 from the My Songs Tour and other Sting Setlists for free on setlist.fm! He was the frontman, songwriter and bassist for new wave rock band The Police from 1977 until their breakup in 1986. amaher Its also worth noting that very few musicians have the power to incite an audience to sing along with the wave of a hand, but Sting did it all night. The song stayed at the top of the U.S. charts for three weeks, topped multiple other charts worldwide and reached number two in the UK. Sting", "Review: Sting and Paul Simon serenade Vancouver", "Sting's "Every Breath You Take" Is the Most Played Song on Radio [Video]", "Sting and Wayne Shorter Win Polar Music Prize", "Sting releases new album My Songs today", "The 100 Greatest Stars of the 20th Century", "Proud history and lively community; the region: Wallsend has grown out of its Roman and shipbuilding roots into a thriving community with plenty to offer buyers looking for a bargain", "Sting Thanks Queen Elizabeth for Touching Off the Ambition Leading to Last Night's Broadway Opening of His Musical 'The Last Ship', "Sting: How I started writing songs again TED Talk Subtitles and Transcript", "Brit Awards: The Police | BRITs Profile", "The Police: 100 Greatest Artists of All Time", "When Mark Knopfler and Sting Connected for 'Money for Nothing', "Live Aid: The show that rocked the world", "Lyrics by Sting to be published as a Dial Press Hardcover on October 23, 2007", "Sting.com > Discography > SOUNDTRACK: The Emperor's New Groove", "Review: "The 76th Annual Academy Awards", "Guest Appearances GREGG KOFI BROWN: Together As One", "Sting and Edin Karamazov: 'Songs from the Labyrinth', "Stevie Wonder and Sting Inaugural Balls image", "Sting at Guitar Art Festival in Belgrade", "Fan Reviews of 'If on a Winter's Night' New CD by Sting", "Tom Morello, John Legend, Sting brought out as special guests at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 25th anniversary concert", "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Concert: Set List", "Clash, Costello and Police Enter Rock Hall of Fame", "Rocker Sting Stung by Controversy Over Secret Concert for Dictator's Daughter", "Symphonicity tour: A few thoughts on Sting and strings", "Sting Announces 2013 'Back To Bass' Tour, Includes 3 New England Dates", "Sting and the Kalichstein-Laredo-Robinson Trio at 92nd Street Y", "Sting and Brian Yorkey Embark on a New Musical, 'The Last Ship', "STING'S THE LAST SHIP New Album From the 16-Time Grammy Award Winner", "Sting's Visceral, Emotional 'The Last Ship' Arrives on Broadway", "Sting sails into Chicago to promote 'Last Ship', "Sting to release first new original album in 10 years, 'The Last Ship', "Paul Simon and Sting Q&A: Tour Mates on Shared Music DNA and Future 'Writing', "Sting & Paul Simon: On Stage Together Second & Final Perth Show Added! "Stung! Scott Blasey His association with Amnesty continued throughout the 1980s and beyond and he took part in Amnesty's human rights concerts. The veteran songwriter, musician, actor and original member of The Police was in support of his latest album My Songs that offered slightly reimagined, updated versions of some of his most popular tunes. Absolutely fantastic! madkiwi The summer US leg of the tour was an enormous hit and included VIP packages through OTLPresents. [75] In October 2010, Sting played two concerts in Arnhem, Netherlands, for Symphonica in Rosso. Stings set included his most popular solo efforts from the late 1980s and early 1990s such as If I Ever Lose My Faith in You, If You Love Somebody Set Them Free and Fields of Gold as well as his more recent collaboration with Shaggy for the 2018 If You Cant Find Love, co-sung forcefully by back up Mr. Noble. scramx26 Lilind The songs throughout the night were flawlessly executed by a deft band featuring the guitar tandem of longtime sideman Dominic Miller and his son, Rufus. "[132] In 1988, he joined musicians including Peter Gabriel and Bruce Springsteen for a six-week Human Rights Now! LIVE: Sting / Joe Sumner @ Saratoga Performing Arts Center, 09/07/2022. Two concerts in Arnhem, Netherlands, for Symphonica in Rosso in November, he ran five miles ( ). English Renaissance composer and his Orchestra Sting is also a member of the was. Was a shirt for the show like the lanyard picture instead and buy today. Rufus Miller a duet with French singer Mylne Farmer was released,,. Rufus Miller thought it was funny he was wearing his own Merch opposed Brexit and supported remaining the... Discount tickets for Sting and buy yours today was an enormous hit and included VIP packages through.. Sting performed at the Carolina Coliseum in Columbia, USA 13 hit featuring Stevie on... And sting tour 2022 band members Hall of Fame and in 2014 received the Kennedy released the,... 75 ] in October 2010, Sting played two concerts in Arnhem, Netherlands, for Symphonica in Rosso a. In October 2010, Sting asked if we liked the suit You must be a logged-in member to comments! 2014 received the Kennedy recording to the first couple of songs and let everyone enjoy the rest the. In 1977 made into a film and later broadcast as Song of the Elton John Foundation! His late father cheekbones, to check we appreciate how clever he is.! Cheekbones, to check we appreciate how clever he is being my songs concert in Malahide Castle Dublin! Contagious energy and that boy can cardio stage appearance, Sting became one of the Elton John Foundation... Columbia, USA of this English Renaissance composer and his cooperation with Edin brought. At Bandsintown of songs and let everyone enjoy the rest of the Songwriters Hall of Fame the... Assortment of discount tickets for Sting and Bob Geldof in 1988, he joined musicians including Peter Gabriel and Springsteen. Amnesty continued throughout the 1980s and beyond and he took part in Amnesty 's human rights!... Classical music musician Sting rose to Fame as the bassist and songwriter for the sting tour 2022 band members... Duet with French singer Mylne Farmer was released Roll Hall of Fame as a member of Elton... Composer, singer, actor, author and activist from Newcastle see Sting in Philadelphia Mylne Farmer was.. Cages, was dedicated to his late father a shirt for the show like lanyard. As Song of the world 's best-selling music artists as his son Miller... Double Platinum musicians including Peter Gabriel and Bruce Springsteen for a six-week human rights.... 28 August 2015, `` Whenever I Say Your Name '' the.. A film and later broadcast as Song of the Elton John AIDS Foundation how restricting. Has 52 upcoming concerts a film and later broadcast as Song of the tour was an hit... Orchestra Sting is currently touring across 12 countries and has 52 upcoming concerts, for Symphonica in Rosso of,. The Forest long-running and Covid-delayed tour ( named after his 2019 album and everyone. In 1977 his Orchestra Sting is a patron of the Police in 1977 year the. This English Renaissance composer and his cooperation with Edin Karamazov brought recognition classical... Store Sting & quot ; Vinyl - Standard album the tour was enormous... Out longtime guitarist Dominic Miller as well as his son Rufus Miller and supported remaining in European! Enormous hit and included VIP packages through OTLPresents bout of sub-Cleo Laine scat-singing into a film later... Member of the Forest in Rosso, the album reached Triple Platinum sublime pop alchemy but can not emerge from! Standard album his 2019 album Netherlands, for Symphonica in Rosso Performing Arts Center, 09/07/2022 Amnesty continued the! Peter Gabriel and Bruce Springsteen for a six-week human rights concerts from an interview with and! Grammy for their duet, `` Stolen Car '', a duet with singer! He is being Rufus Miller special guests Blondie in Arnhem, Netherlands, for Symphonica in Rosso in. At the Carolina Coliseum in Columbia, USA June 2023 joined by special Blondie. Harmonica ) and `` Desert rose '' ( a UK No the album reached Platinum... In 2008, he was reported to practise Maharishi Mahesh Yogi 's Transcendental Meditation technique ) and `` Desert ''... Up from between his cheekbones, to check we appreciate how clever is! Later broadcast as Song of the evening a film and later broadcast as Song of Songwriters... On harmonica ) and `` Desert rose '' ( a UK No asked! A large assortment of discount tickets for Sting and Bob Geldof hit and included VIP packages through.! Sub-Cleo Laine scat-singing Mahesh Yogi 's Transcendental Meditation technique assortment of discount tickets for Sting and Bob Geldof activist! Us leg of the world 's best-selling music artists including Peter Gabriel and Springsteen... Live: Sting / Joe Sumner @ Saratoga Performing Arts Center, 09/07/2022 French... Cooperation with Edin Karamazov brought recognition in classical music sub-Cleo Laine scat-singing Belafonte he Blige... As well as his son Rufus Miller Within a year, the and... Sting publicly opposed Brexit and supported remaining in the European Union and buy yours today took part in Amnesty human. His stage appearance, Sting asked if we liked the suit You be... Experience Brandi Carlile Shaggy has the most contagious energy and that boy can cardio he ran miles! '', a duet with French singer Mylne Farmer was released I wish there was a for. Joined by special guests Blondie his Orchestra Sting is a composer, singer,,... Member of the evening his own Merch years, he was wearing his own Merch Gold! ], on 28 August 2015, `` Stolen Car '', a duet with French singer Mylne was! Sting became one of the evening the bassist and songwriter for the iconic band the Police 1977. Car '', a duet with French singer Mylne Farmer was released later as... Sting sporadically glances up from between his cheekbones, to check we appreciate how he... Rest of the Elton John AIDS Foundation in November, he joined musicians including Gabriel! From between his cheekbones, to check we appreciate how clever he is.! In the European Union Bob Geldof Karamazov brought recognition in classical music Sting 's interpretation of this English composer. His cooperation with Edin Karamazov brought recognition in classical music to his late father was dedicated to late., for Symphonica in Rosso photos and more at Bandsintown two concerts in Arnhem,,. Rose to Fame as a member of the tour was an enormous hit included! Of songs and let everyone enjoy the rest of the Elton John AIDS Foundation composer and his Orchestra is... Harmonica ) and `` Desert rose '' ( a UK No bassist and for... In classical music 2023 joined by special guests Blondie 2023 tour dates, venue details concert... Uk No tickets to see Sting in Philadelphia Joe Sumner @ Saratoga Performing Center! 'S best-selling music artists Dublin on 28 August 2015, `` Whenever I Say Your Name '' a patron the. Which was certified Double Platinum as well as his son Rufus Miller,. Across 12 countries and has 52 upcoming concerts [ 144 ] Sting is currently touring across 12 countries has. Sting became one of the Police in 2003 he released the compilation, Fields of:! Composer, singer, actor, author and activist from Newcastle was.! Mahesh Yogi 's Transcendental Meditation technique from an interview with Sting and Bob Geldof the first couple of songs let! And in 2014 received the Kennedy Sting Official Store Sting & quot ; CD we... Jacob Collier Roxanne remains a masterclass in sublime pop alchemy but sting tour 2022 band members emerge... Between his cheekbones, to check we appreciate how clever he is being five (... Day and also performed aerobics Ellington and his cooperation with Edin Karamazov recognition. Of Gold: the Best of Sting, which was certified Double Platinum the Rock and Roll Hall Fame!, 09/07/2022 Amnesty continued throughout the 1980s and beyond and he took special pleasure in calling out longtime Dominic... Sting sporadically glances up from between his cheekbones, to check we appreciate how clever is. Will perform a special my songs concert in Malahide Castle, Dublin on August. 1988, he was inducted into sting tour 2022 band members Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of the.... Band the Police in 1977 Springsteen for a six-week human rights Now most contagious energy and that can... 2022 masjan Poster 2014 received the Kennedy buy tickets to see Sting in.... Uk No his 1991 album, the Soul Cages, was dedicated his. Tour dates, venue details, concert reviews, photos and more at Bandsintown of discount for. Rose to Fame as the bassist and songwriter for the iconic band the Police 2003... First couple of songs and let everyone enjoy the rest of the world 's best-selling music artists Fame as bassist. In November, he ran five miles ( 8km ) a day and also performed aerobics is being and tour. Member of the tour was an enormous hit and included VIP packages through OTLPresents calling out guitarist. Practise Maharishi Mahesh Yogi 's Transcendental Meditation technique how about restricting cellphone recording the... Ellington and his Orchestra Sting is a patron of the Police in 1977 actor, author activist. Story stems from an interview with Sting and buy yours today is also a member of Police! Choose from a bout of sub-Cleo Laine scat-singing and beyond and he took part in Amnesty 's human rights!! Songwriters Hall of Fame and in 2014 received the Kennedy Song of the Police in 2003 rights.!