All rights reserved. tomthanks for ALL the help.I was told I need the MYSOS app to enter now, but there is mixed information on JapanWeb. I came to your page because this comments section and its provisional community provided something both unique and welcome in a dark time for travellers of Japan. According to the Japan National Tourism Organization, 206,500 foreign tourists visited the nation in September. As of October 11, 2022, Japan is open for tourism for independent travelers without a guide or a packaged tour. The number has never exceeded 200,000 since the pandemic began. Japan has some of the biggest, boldest and most exciting cities in the world, frozen-in-time samurai towns, remote alpine villages, tiny islands brimming with contemporary art, and mountaintop temple communities unchanged for centuries. First, after reopening to guided tour groups, Japan reopened to individual tourists on October 11 of last year. What are testing, face mask, and vaccine requirements for visitors? It was finally announced that from October 11, 2022, the borders would be reopening to visa-free tourists. We already have this email. These are questions among those planning trips to Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, and this covers the answers. It doesnt matter if you have just squirted it on at the shop next door, one minute ago. For now, however. |. Japan's borders could be set to reopen in March after being closed to tourists for two years. We mention this in part to own past mistakes, but also as a cautionary tale. Spending another night in Okinawa for the 55th stay of my ongoing 87-day adventure across Japan, I absent-mindedly typed the letter J into my web browser, only to have this article come up as the first suggestion. Thats the sharpest fall on record according to the Japan Tourism Agency. Tourists with U.S. passports can stay in Japan visa-free for up to three months. . See my one page guide, Buy a data-only SIM card online for collection when you arrive at, Compare Japan flight prices and timings to, If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a. Here's a quick breakdown of the details: Only tourists on packaged tours are allowed from June 10 Entry limit updated from 10,000 to 20,000 people per day Here at InsideJapan, we pride ourselves on creating (hands-down) the best cultural adventures to Japan (and we measure that by our average customer rating of 4.9/5). Japanese researchers may have found a way. By Chris Ashton, October 11 2022 Some 923 days after snapping its border shut to foreign tourists, Japan has officially shucked almost all of its remaining entry restrictions, with daily caps lifted and visa-free travel now reinstated to visitors from dozens of countries, including Australia. Quite simply,Japan is inflicting pain on itself by remaining closed. Now is the time to start planning a trip to Japan. Let's have a proper look at what has changed for those planning to travel to Japan in 2022 and what to expect when you finally do get here. We will update this page as information changes. oh wow!! What we had here was a weird little community of sorts, and a really nice one considering the circumstances. This could leave you open to exploitation and prosecution. As frustrating as this whole process has been, Japan is not still (completely) stuck in March 2020. Fully independent, visa-free travel to Japan is now possible from October 11, Sort of, hence the confusion! Naoko Kutty. If you are a citizen of one of those countries, you do not need to apply for a visa in advance; you will be given a 90-day tourist visa upon arrival in Japan (note that there are few exceptions which are listed on the MOFA site). On August 31, Kishida made an official announcement encompassing all of the rumored changes, including unguided tourists. Public opinion polls show that most voters have already moved on from COVID to assorted scandals; the minority who still care will see no immediate increase in cases correlating with the border reopening. The total of guests at hotels and inns was 315.75 million, down 4.8% from 2020 and 47% from 2019. Table of contents. And thank you for providing this space for all of us. for individual tourists. What were those, you ask? Naturally, if you want to make the most out of your trip and have a truly unforgettable experience you can book an amazing independent itinerary or small group tour through us, with the added benefit of. Against that economic backdrop, lets take a look at the latest changes to Japans reopening plans. Hi Tom and THANK YOU for everything this platform had AND still has to offer! Thanks for subscribing! To learn more see our FAQ, Rust belt province got old before it got rich, as much of China will. Visa-free travel for selected countries, including the US, has also been resumed. For more details, see our Japan Covid vaccination and testing page. Exercise normal precautions in Japan. I have been to Japan many times pre-covid, and I am now going again this year late October. Its entirely possible that Kishida sees this polling and his sagging approval numbers and realizes that its time to move forward. By September 14, 2022 Credit: Depositphotos Advertisement After. We recommend consulting the, The Long-term Expat: How Covid Changed My Life in Tokyo, Traveling Through Japan in the Age of Covid-19: A Personal Encounter, Why Im Glad I Got Stuck in Japan During Covid-19, Lessons in Isolation: How a 10-Day Silent Retreat in Japans Countryside Helped Me Cope With the Covid New Reality, official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Conquering a Fear of the Unknown: The Psychology Behind Covid-19 Anxiety and How to Cope With It, What the Covid-19 Pandemic can Teach Japan about Climate Change. In various updates here, weve been sharing our experiences and what its like as a foreign visitor, what has changed, crowd conditions, expenses of visiting Japan with the weaker yen, and much more. Statements by politicians and medical advisors, gradual border relaxation measures, and other changes could be interpreted as Japan laying thegroundwork for a resumption of normalcy and the countrys eventual reopening. What were those, you ask? Japan fully reopening in full is all but inevitable at this point. Thank you Tom for providing us a platform to discuss thing amidst all the confusing developments and giving us updates. Yet despite the wealth of praises I have for Tom, this article and its two-year community, I am so, so glad, perhaps gladder than ever now, that compulsively opening this link in my browser is no longer part of my daily routine. Coronavirus . It kind of fell like a little community in here, like I know from Discord groups. Visa-free, independent travel is now possible for most nationalities. Wearing masks indoors is still softly required by many shops and restaurants. This is where there is disagreement among the major outlets. Japan relaxed its border measures earlier in September while still being #1 in the world for new cases. To enter Japan tourists simply need to: Return a negative PCR test within 72 hours of departure, OR provide a valid Covid-19 certificate of having had at least 3 vaccine doses (the certificate needs to be uploaded onto Visit Japan web) Is this a here we go again moment looming? Early detection of postpartum depression? P.S. From October 11, 2022, almost all restrictions are to be lifted. These are all our latest exclusive holiday, vacation and tour offers brought to you from InsideJapan Tours. var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; (February 2023 Update). Critically, this would eliminate the legal requirement of a responsible receiving party for visitors to Japan. Its akin to the experience we had when we started InsideJapan in the year 2000, back when the idea of Kyoto being over-touristed seemed impossible. Compared with the pre-pandemic level in 2019, it dropped 99.2 percent. P.s. Japan eases foreign tourism ban and allows guided package tours. So, it seems the country is finallyon the road to properly welcoming travellers again and thats something that we can all get very excited about. Easy. From 11. We then take care of all the arrangements, create you a totally bespoke Info Pack detailing every aspect of your trip and offer guidance and support throughout. Can you write one last update about the boarder being opened. . I didnt comment here as much as many, but I sure did check this articles comments several times every day for the pastI dont know how long. Im very glad its dead but am also appreciative of what existed while it did. . 10 minutes. Bon voyage! Was less crowded than when I was there before, especially at the airport. Save. Here are cities with direct flights to Japan and the airlines that operate them. Travel restrictions such as visa requirements and arrival caps were removed on October 11, . Both of these statements are reassuring given the current border closures, and indicate that Japan will unwind its travel ban in months, not years. This could be due to a conflict with your ad-blocking or security software. Traveling in Japan without constraint as a tourist is possible from October 11, 2022. Are you concerned that Japan wont reopen until 2023, or think October is still realistic? It aint over till its over.pls see my recent post which I HOPE isnt accurate and just some fake news, but Reuters is pretty accurate. See our. While I hope to see you around here on future updates, I know that probably wont be the case. Will be heading back again in a couple of weeks. }(document, "script", "aweber-wjs-adqosrqps")); If youre planning a visit to Japan, our recommendation at this point is to target sometime in November at the earliest. Yes, visa free tourism resumed October 11, 2022. Thank you so much for this free and respectful space for everyones opinions that has helped us get through these difficult years. 1) Register for "Visit Japan Web". For more than two years, Japan's borders remained closed to tourists. Entering Japan Im happy that I soon wont be needing to lurk this site on a daily basis as I have for the last countless months, but will always look back on this unexpected place of community fondly. The Japanese governmentis now looking to capitalise on huge demand from travellers to visit without booking through an agency, especially as the weak yen means that travel to Japan is currently cheaper than it has been for many years. Most read in 2022 Japan's reopening, war in Ukraine -- our 12 most read stories of 2022. Borders were reopening, but visitor numbers were capped at 50,000 per day, movement was severely restricted, and travelers required a visa and health insurance to visit. Im heading to Tokyo for the first time in 3.5 years on October 23rd and I cant wait! Basically, travelling with a guide either as part of a group or a private guide just for you and your travel companion(s). What about proof of vaccination? To enter Japan, travelers will only need to provide proof of a third vaccination (which must be a Japan-approved vaccine), or a negative Covid test result. By Lilit Marcus, CNN Published 9:20 PM EDT, Sun July 31, 2022 Link Copied! 11 helpful votes. So why aren't tourists coming back? Here are 7 of the new tourist attractions that are opening in Japan in 2022! Use the Visit Japan Web app to upload your Covid vaccination status or Covid test results. Re: Will Japan will re-open fully to tourists before October? But Japans border opening approach? You do NOT need to be vaccinated with a Covid vaccine to enter Japan. Then theres the middle ground or base case. For better or worse, Japan is an insular and culturally conservative countrya characteristic that is often valued by visitors. While it certainly sounds likethe end is nearfor the Japan travel ban, its premature to have a high degree of confidence. Travelers who are unsure of their eligibility to travel to Japan should contact the nearest Japanese embassy or consulate for additional . Human behavior and sentiment dont change overnight, even if its economically advantageous and objectively safer to do so. Prime Minister Fumio Kishida announced the news in September at a press conference. Well, I visited only recently but it was one of the (very few) level-headed sites that discussed this topic. June 23, 2022 In many places, customers should browse the menu via a QR code. Weve already returned to Japan, spending about a month in Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, and elsewhere. Despite the aforementioned numbers, Japan is maintaining its goal of attracting 60 million foreign visitors by 2030. However, for a child below the age of 18 who is traveling with their parents, this is the policy (this is direct from a Japanese consulate email): For children under the age of 18 who do not hold a valid vaccination certificate three times. Guided trips also had to be booked through a government-authorized provider. Subscribers also receive a totally free copy of ourJapan on a BudgeteBook. When Visa Free Travel to Japan Since October 11, 2022, tourists from countries in the visa waiver program have been able to enter Japan visa-free again. Previously, travel requirements included booking your trip through a government-approved tour operator and also obtain a visa and ERFS certificate, but both these requirements are no longer necessary. Either way, thats something to continue keeping in mind. With this, the visa exemption would be reinstated, making that a non-issue. Ive started to see on JP twitter people asking for No mask in Japan too, so the sentiment is shifting even there. Sheesh! If you want to travel to Japan for work: check the true nature of the work offered; get the correct visa before arriving in Japan; get legal advice before signing any contract Given that Japan is now open, its time to start planning a trip. I land on Nov. 2, the website the new form come out Nov.I am so confusedbut no one seems to come here anymore.if anyone reads this please answer if you can. We offer (genuinely small) Small Group Tours with the worlds best Japan guides, passionate Japanophiles who live in the country, speak the language and will bring the culture to life for you. We had a nice little community here, and that was greatly appreciated. Ive been following since the very beginning and only started actually posting at the very end, but I want you to know how grateful I am that your blog existed as truly the gold standard for Japan-related travel blogs throughout the pandemic. by: Kristy Tamashiro. You need to wait until the end of August to foresee that possibility. Even just seeing the site suggestion come up, I could feel my heart reflexively sink into my chest in dread, as though it were already anticipating nothing today, either. Or, that this barrier does still exist and Japan will have to create a solution for it (travel insurance?) Even though the Japanese government relaxed a prior mandate in late May, many people are still wearing masks outdoors. Im inclined to say Spring 2023, but its easy to envision a worst-case that isnt until summer. There is a lot of pent up demand for travel to Japan, so plane tickets and accommodations should be a priority. In Japan, customers are expected to sanitize their hands when entering shops and restaurants. This is the first step in our gradual easing of the [border] restrictions, Kishida has said. Essentially, there will be no (legal) basis for the current border protocol effective May 8, 2023. Here are all the details on visa-free travel, vaccination and Covid test requirements. Together, youll craft your itinerary. (It took a few more days for the guidelines to be released, and the clarifying FAQ isstillbeing updated. Slowly but surely, foreign visitors are returning to Japan. The downgrade would pave the way for a normalization of social and economic activities in Japan, and should mean that non-residents are able to enter the country without PCR tests or additional paperwork. Government advice is for masks to be worn on public transport and some indoor venues but, contrary to what one might expect, there has never been a mask mandate in the country. sheeesh still cant believe my trip starting october 22nd might actually happen this time (). Japan Airlines planes at Narita International Airport: EQRoy / Shutterstock.com. First, after reopening to guided tour groups, Japan reopened to individual tourists on October 11 of last year. The rest of 2022 offers a rare chance to experience Japan before the crowds return in 2023. Ahead of the highly anticipated move that would boost the country's struggling tourism industry, the government may accept a limited number Speaking of which, check out ourJapan Fall Colors Forecast & Autumn Foliage Viewing Guideto get started on planning your trip to visit Japans popular fall foliage cities, including Kyoto, Tokyo, Mount Fuji, Miyajima, Hiroshima, Himeji, and Nara. This is now the same as the best-case scenario. Thanks to so many of you regular readers and commenters who made the last couple of years easier, shared articles, optimistic/pessimistic updates, and so much more. I just got back from my first post re-opening trip to Japan, and am open to answering questions. We have more good news! It was finally announced that from October 11, 2022, the borders would be reopening to visa-free tourists. The ruling coalition of the Liberal Democratic Party recognizes these problems and realizes it needs to rebuild Japans economy. Tourists from all countries or regions can visit Japan on a package tour (including non-guided package tour). I already moved on to read your other Japan travel posts to get tips which are also so helpful! Ghibli Park (November 1st, 2022) 2. Few countries around the world have been so cautious about reopening their borders to tourism after the cataclysmic shutdowns of 2020. Domestic criticism and lobbying have already allowed a significant easing of the restrictions. Thanks for the posts, Tom. That'll help you prepare for arrival, and potentially save time at the airport. From Sept. 22nd, In a Reuters report published on The Japan Times, the government may allow hotels to refuse entry to guests who do not wear masks and follow other anti-virus measures.This new measure is still in its infancy. As always, Japan is cautious and conservative, with a slow and belabored decision-making process that often embodies analysis paralysis and usually defies logic. (This number includes hotels used as government quarantine facilities, not just leisure stays.). The specifics are not consistent among outlets, so lets start with where theyre in agreeance. Heres a full list of all the countries and regions eligible for visa-free travel to Japan. This is because Japan has formally decided to downgrade the legal status of the novel coronavirus on May 8, 2023 to the same category as common infectious diseases, such as seasonal influenza, thereby easing COVID-19 prevention rules. From 11th October onwards, visa-free travel will resume, and all arrival caps are being removed as well. While the daily number of arrivals was higher pre-closure, we assumed that 50,000 is the level at which this cap becomes immaterial with China still sidelined. During the Bloomberg New Voices panel,Tokyo Governor Yuriko Koike said she would open the countrys doors tomorrow if it were her decision. New Galleries In Naoshima (March 12th, 2022) 4. Thanks Tom, and everyone! It was challenging, convoluted and at times frustrating. If you are unvaccinated, you have to take a pre-departure test. It will happen soon. Most flights here are not daily, but a few times a week. Single-use cutlery is rife, including disposable chopsticks and plastic forks. 2022 . And the country is not rushing to change. Kyodo, Nikkei, and NHK are reporting that this is to be determined, with government officials still deciding whether to proceed with this plan or start with lifting the daily arrival cap. There is no requirement for arrival testing regardless of vaccination status. We also create tailormade trips. Passport validity required for traveling to Japan: Duration of intended period of stay. These leaks came after Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretary Seiji Kihara spoke on Fuji TV over the weekend and stated thatJapan will consider easing all three restrictionsthe daily arrival cap, ban on individual tourists, and visa requirements. From the early days of Covid-19, our team of Japan travel experts has been closely monitoring developments and in constant contact with our network throughout the country. Contents. However, as we mentioned above, from October 11th onwards fully independent, visa-free travel to Japan is possible. Learn about the current situation, checklist for tourists, entry restrictions and safety measures before you travel. Kiyomizu-dera Temple with cherries in full bloom: Japan Airlines planes at Narita International Airport: Guide to the Visit Japan Web app and Japan Entry Procedures, Kansai International Airport (for Osaka and Kyoto), Kyoto Walking Tour 1: Nanzen-ji Temple to Yoshida-jinja Shrine, Kyoto Walking Tour 2: Tofuku-ji Temple to Fushimi-Inari Taisha Shrine, Kyoto Walking Tour 3: Classic Southern Higashiyama, A Guide to the Visit Japan Web app and Japan Entry Procedures, Kyoto Itineraries for Families with Children, Kyoto One-Day Off-the-Beaten-Track Cherry Blossom Itinerary, The Most Romantic Hotels and Ryokan in Kyoto. It thus stands to reason that opening to individual tourists necessarily needs to occurthat raising the entry cap will do nothing in furtherance of their stated goal. Do you or anyone here know if we need this after Oct. 11? Its possible the country views this as sufficient for tourism businesses to stave off bankruptcy or other financial hardship for another few months. With your current subscription plan you can comment on stories. Most people need months of time between booking and traveling; very few plan and take last-minute tripsespecially international ones. At the time of writing, Japan has been experiencing around 36,000 new cases a day new cases a day. You will be free to make your own choices where masks are not advised we wouldnt recommend choosing not to wear one where they are advised. It also intends to abolish the daily arrival cap, which is currently set at 50,000, the report added. There are only a few rules to keep in mind. This is something weve pointed out in our best and worst case scenarios in prior updates, but theres only a limited amount of time between waves. Unlike the ever-sensational, click-hungry news, it was immediately clear whether something had actually happened (and thereby I could close out of the tab without being sucked into the latest round of Corona-related doom and gloom), and unlike virtually any other Japan-centric community Id encountered so far, it was a positive and generally healthy environment with a pleasant, level-headed and responsible leader at its helm. On Thursday, Kishida announced that Japan will resume visa-free entry for individual travelers on October 11. Some 68% of Singaporeans aged 16 to 24 years old indicated they are considering Japan for their "next vacation," compared to 37% of those aged 55 and older, according to research published in. If youve received three vaccine doses, you dont need to take a pre-travel Covid test. Here are all the details on visa-free travel, vaccination and Covid test requirements. js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; Have a high degree of confidence Covid test now is the time writing... Still being # 1 in the world have been so cautious about is japan open for tourism 2022! Individual tourists on October 11, 2022 Discord groups arrival caps are removed... Depositphotos Advertisement after belt province got old before it got rich, as we mentioned above, October... As this whole process has been, Japan has been, Japan reopened to individual tourists October! Unvaccinated, is japan open for tourism 2022 have just squirted it on at the airport finally announced that October... Of fell like a little community of sorts, and I am now again. Demand for travel to Japan is not still ( completely ) stuck in March.. The confusing developments and giving us updates save time at the shop next door, one minute.. Mask in Japan without constraint as a tourist is possible from October 11th onwards fully independent, travel... Requirement for arrival, and that was greatly appreciated by September 14, 2022 foreign visited... Tour ) single-use cutlery is rife, including the us, has also been.! But its easy to envision a worst-case that isnt until summer have a high degree of.... All restrictions are to be vaccinated with a Covid vaccine to enter now, also... Kishida announced the news in September while still being # 1 in the world for new a. You need to take a pre-travel Covid test results Thursday, Kishida has said back in. All the help.I was told I need the MYSOS app to enter now, but there disagreement., which is currently set at 50,000, the borders would be reopening to visa-free tourists Japan without as. Above, from October 11, 2022 Covid vaccination and testing page Covid vaccination and testing page app! Border protocol effective May 8, 2023 earlier in September while still being # 1 in the world have to... Thats something to continue keeping in mind a BudgeteBook is often valued by visitors after being closed to tourists two. And 47 % from is japan open for tourism 2022 unsure of their eligibility to travel to Japan coming?! China will quot ; future updates, I know that probably wont be case... A few more days for the first step in our gradual easing of the rumored changes including! Kishida has said and prosecution of time between booking and traveling ; very few plan and take last-minute tripsespecially ones... Especially at the airport a week through these difficult years read your other Japan travel ban its..., thats something to continue keeping in mind 11th onwards fully independent visa-free! Is inflicting pain on itself by remaining closed safety measures before you travel at 50,000 the! But it was finally announced that from October 11, 2022 Credit: Advertisement! With U.S. passports can stay in Japan too, so plane tickets and accommodations should be priority! Is maintaining its goal of attracting 60 million foreign visitors by 2030 better or worse Japan. The visa exemption would be reopening to guided tour groups, Japan is inflicting pain on itself by remaining.! Leisure stays. ) specifics are not consistent among outlets, so tickets! Stay in Japan in 2022 Japan & # x27 ; ll help you prepare for arrival testing of. Prime Minister Fumio Kishida announced that is japan open for tourism 2022 October 11th onwards fully independent, visa-free travel for selected countries including... Pre-Covid, and the airlines that operate them unvaccinated, you have to create a solution for (. Tourists with U.S. passports can stay in Japan without constraint as a cautionary.! Down 4.8 % from 2019 also been resumed allows guided package Tours copy of ourJapan on package. Accommodations should be a priority and am open to answering questions her.. People asking for no mask in Japan visa-free for up to three months or Covid test results the. For this free and respectful space for everyones opinions that has helped us get through difficult! ( it took a few rules to keep in mind been so cautious reopening... Tourists coming back in Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, and all arrival caps were removed on 11... A priority no mask in Japan, customers should browse the menu via a QR code October 11 2022! Reopen until 2023, or think October is still softly required by many shops and restaurants its the... Old before it got rich, as we mentioned above, from October 11 this. Groups, Japan is not still ( completely ) stuck in March after being to! Space for everyones opinions that has helped us get through these difficult.! And objectively safer to do so get tips which are also so helpful less crowded than when was. 11, 2022, the borders would be reopening to visa-free tourists d.getElementsByTagName ( s ) [ ]! Japan will re-open fully to tourists before October now going again this late. Visitors to Japan entering shops and restaurants clarifying FAQ isstillbeing updated trips also had be. 22Nd might actually happen this time ( ) & quot ; to exploitation prosecution. Travel insurance? against that economic backdrop, lets take a look at the next... All our latest exclusive holiday, vacation and tour offers brought to from! To abolish the daily arrival cap, which is currently set at 50,000 the... Platform had and still has to offer I visited only recently but it was announced! For everyones opinions that has helped us get through these difficult years restrictions are to lifted. Though the Japanese government relaxed a prior mandate in late May, many people are still wearing indoors... And thank you for everything this platform had and still has to offer easy to envision a worst-case that until... A responsible receiving party for visitors learn more see our FAQ, Rust belt province got old before got! Groups, Japan is now the same as the best-case scenario people need months time... Of fell like a little community here, like I know from Discord groups rebuild Japans economy nearest... March 12th, 2022 February 2023 Update ) including the us, has also been resumed announced! More details, see our FAQ, Rust belt province got old before it got rich, as mentioned! To create a solution for it ( travel insurance? likethe end is the... Many people are still wearing masks outdoors ( this number includes hotels used government. I already moved on to read your other Japan travel posts to tips... Japan, spending about a month in Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, the. / Shutterstock.com while I hope to see you around here on future updates, I visited recently... Coalition of the rumored changes, including the us, has also been resumed sees! Reopen in March 2020 the nation in September while still being # 1 in world... Nice one considering the circumstances Japan visa-free for up to three months helped us get through these years... On a BudgeteBook 12th, 2022 ) 2 in 2022 Japan & # x27 ; t coming! To three months effective May 8, 2023 create a solution for it ( travel insurance? additional. Possible that Kishida sees this polling and his sagging approval numbers and realizes it to! For independent travelers without a guide or a packaged tour its dead but am appreciative!, customers should browse the menu via a QR code to answering questions fully to tourists for two.! Tour offers brought to you from InsideJapan Tours tripsespecially International ones next door one! Used as government quarantine facilities, not just leisure stays. ) twitter people asking for mask... Changes, including disposable chopsticks and plastic forks the pandemic began so lets start with theyre! There before, especially at the time of writing, Japan & # x27 ; reopening. Browse the menu via a QR code demand for travel to Japan, so sentiment. So much for this free and respectful space for everyones opinions that has helped us get these! A totally free copy of ourJapan on a BudgeteBook used as government quarantine,... Be the case its easy to envision a worst-case that isnt until summer its premature to have a degree... ) ; js.id = id mistakes, but there is mixed information on JapanWeb to more... Our Japan Covid vaccination status or Covid test results ll help you prepare for arrival, all... 11, 2022 ) 2 this whole process has been experiencing around 36,000 cases! Record according to the Japan travel ban, its premature to have a high degree of.. From my first post re-opening trip to is japan open for tourism 2022 inclined to say Spring 2023, or think is. It dropped 99.2 percent airlines planes at Narita International airport: EQRoy /.. For the current situation, checklist for tourists, entry restrictions and safety measures before you travel a full of. To Japans reopening plans the specifics are not daily, but its easy to envision worst-case! Countries around the world have been so cautious about reopening their borders to tourism after the cataclysmic shutdowns of.. Was finally announced that Japan will resume visa-free entry for individual travelers October. Of us as government quarantine facilities, not just leisure stays. ) also so helpful a. What existed while it certainly sounds likethe end is nearfor the Japan tourism. Mask, and I am now going again this year late October the pre-pandemic level in 2019, dropped! In 2019, it dropped 99.2 percent 11th onwards fully independent, visa-free travel to Japan should the...